Ep 01: Biggest Website Mistakes
Each Friday I go live on my Instagram to answer a question submitted by my followers. Each week will centre around an individual question to create bite-sized conversations with my audience.
In my first video of the series, I cover the three categories I generally see mistakes in:
Click here to watch the video over on Instagram
My top tips for fixing these common website mistakes
- Draw a map of your user flow through your site. Who are the different types of users and where are they entering your site? What do they need to know?
- Break up large chunks of text into small pieces
- Give things room to breathe. White space is a designer’s best friend
- Sites with more content (text, images, graphics, hyperlinks) are more likely to do well in terms of SEO
- Take people on a journey with your copy. Talk about them and how you can solve their problems rather than just talking about yourself.
- Professional photos can really make or break design. Consider investing in a professional photoshoot for yourself/ your product. You won’t regret it!
- Your visual identity doesn’t stop at your logo. Choose a colour palette or type suite that reflects your brand or get some help from an expert.
- Connect with your audience by showcasing what sets you apart. This might be your approach to your work, style, values, etc.
- Invest in people and things that will help your brand stand out. You have something unique that needs to be found by the right people.
Don’t have the time to fix these website mistakes yourself? I offer free discovery calls to find out whether you would be a good fit for custom web design.
Click here to view my services page